HiHo HRSSC Families,
Hope this finds everyone in good spirits after an “interesting” end of our Fall Season along with ongoing changes and challenges in the last few weeks in our communities.
Thank You to our coaches, junior coaches, and volunteers for keeping our skaters connected and active with a few weeks of online dryland and hang out time together. And to our skaters and parents for giving this online format a try.
Hopefully the transition to the holiday season and wintery weather will be smooth and give everyone a chance to catch their breath and have some adventures together. ☃️
A few notes to share below before a little holiday break. 🎄
HRSSC Speed Skating Season – Fall & Winter We were keeping on eye on Public Health announcements this week and any “Return to Sport” guidelines in order to plan our Winter Season as accurately as possible.
- Our Winter Season is set to start on Tuesday 5 January until Tuesday 30 March 2021 for Short Track at SMC.
- We are hopeful we will also be adding our Long Track program from January to late February/early March depending on the HRM Oval schedule – in the past, morning skate sessions during the week and weekends, and late afternoon weekday skate times (Wednesdays and/or Fridays).
- Winter Season Registration is being finalized, and it is also being revised to reflect our shortened Fall Season.
- Fall registration was originally scheduled to end on Tuesday 15 December but with the early mandated end of sports activities on 26 November, we are in the process of adjusting our program which went from 11 weeks to 7 weeks.
- Winter Season Short Track times may change slightly to accomodate mandated group sizes.
- Revised registration and membership details to follow as soon as available.
❄️ We will share any Long Track – “Come Out for some Speed Skating at the Oval!!” drop in sessions during the holidays once the HRM Oval guidelines and schedule are made available. A great spot to get together for some skating over the holiday : )
Fundraising: NS Sport – Sport Split 50/50HRSSC has signed on to participate in Sport Split, a fundraising program through Sport Nova Scotia.
Sport Split is a province-wide multi-sport online 50/50 draw to help teams, clubs and organizations raise funds. It operates year round with a new draw starting on the first day of each month. Our club will receive 70 percent of the profits from every ticket we sell.
Our HRSSC landing page and purchase portal is here: https://sportsplit.5050central.com/?olc=HalifaxRegionalSpeedSkatingClub
Online ticket purchases for the December raffle continue until December 31 at 9pm and the draw will take place on January 1 at 10am. Each subsequent draw will follow the same format every month.More information can be found via the FAQs webpage: https://www.mysportsplit.ca/faq/
We hope you can consider supporting our fundraising efforts through this program if possible.
HRSSC Club Apparel Anne has been in touch with Apogee regarding our order this past week, and will be in contact with families with delivery details.
🌟And finally – Thank You for being a part of our HRSSC community!!This season has certainly been a different one but the great support, kindness, and enthusiasm shared on and off the ice has continued to be a positive light in the midst of it all.
We wish everyone a joyous and peaceful holiday season.
🌟Your HRSSC Team